Treasurer FAQs


If you have any questions please call us at (402) 563-4913.

  1. When are taxes due and delinquent?
    Taxes for both Real Estate and Personal Property are due - December 31st.
    1st half is delinquent the following  - May 1st
    2nd half is delinquent the following - September 1st
    14% statutory rate is charged on delinquencies.
  2. When are tax notices mailed?
    They are mailed around late November - December
  3. What should I do if I didn't receive a tax notice?
    Call the Treasurer's office.
  4. How much are my taxes?
    Call the Treasurer's office.
  5. Have my taxes been paid?
    Call the Treasurer's office.
  6. I need to make an address change?
    Call the Treasurer's office.
  7. Do you accept credit cards?
    Yes, but we charge 2.5% Motor Vehicles. 3% on Driver's License.
  8. What do I do if I have a message on my tax statement that I don't understand?
    Call the Treasurer's office.
  9. When can I renew my driver's license?
    You may renew your expiring Nebraska license within 90 days (not three months) prior to the expiration date. If you move to a new address, you should update your Nebraska license within 60 days.
  10. Practice Tests for Operator’s licenses - The DMV offers an Interactive DMV Written Exam and a downloadable AAA Sample Test as a study guide to not only prepare you for the written test, but as an excellent resource to continually keep up with the Nebraska Rules of the Road.
  11. Driver License Renewal Procedures - For regular license renewals, you would follow Instate Renewal Procedures . If you are out of state during your license renewal period, you can renew by mail by following the Out of State Renewal procedures. If you are active duty military follow the Military Renewal procedures. If you will be out of the state during your regular renewal period you may be able to go to a driver licensing office and do an Early Renewal..
  12. Lost or Stolen Driver's Licenses/ID Cards - If your license or ID card has been lost or stolen, you may apply for a duplicate whether you are in-state or out-of-state.
  13. Name or Address Change - If your name or address changes, you must apply for a replacement license or ID card within 60 days of such change.
  14. Driver Record- A record of driving related activity is available for your use. If you are applying for a driver's license in another state they may need verification of your Nebraska driving privileges in the form of a clearance letter..
  15. Driver's License Format - All documents are issued digitally. A special format is used for minors.